Job Duties :
- Read blueprints, AutoCAD drawings and schematics.
- Knowledge of different wood species and wood cores
- Estimate and gather materials required for production by selecting the proper quality of wood to meet the requirements of the finished components
- Use shapers and moulders, jigs, templates, rulers, assortment of clamps, measuring tapes and electronic equipment to accurately measure wood for cutting and shaping
- Cut and detail wood for production.
- Cut, drill, sand or plane materials for appropriate fit.
- Ensure fittings and other hardware components are correct and of good quality.
- Attach fittings and other components to finished cabinetry.
- Construct and maintain structural woodwork, shelving, flooring, drawers, doors etc.
- 2-5 years of Cabinet Making experience
- Knowledge of carpentry, zero tolerance to measurements
- Knowledge of safe operation of hand and power tools
- Understanding of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Effective verbal, written and listening communications skills
- Ability to read building specifications, blueprints, drawings and schematics
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material estimates
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50lbs
- Manual dexterity required to use power and hand tools
- Frequently noisy working environment
- Willing to work overtime when required
- Use of PPE, uncluding safety glasses, steel toed boots / shoes, face mask required
- Competitive pay : $20-$30 / hr (Based on experience)
You must sign in to apply for this position.